Starts Wednesday 30th September
- Are are thinking about cycling to work from Didcot and are unsure about the route?
- Would you like try cycling to work to see if you can do it or would enjoy doing it?
- Do you want a more social cycle to work, cycling with others?
‘Hop on’ to the Didcot Cycle-Transit! Every Wednesday morning from Didcot Parkway to the Harwell Campus.
The cycle-transit runs regularly so you can join whenever you want to. It is a cycle to work at a pace for everybody so no need to worry about fitness. It is a group ride accompanied by a HarBUG member.
The route is a Via Sustrans Route 544 along the old railway line to Upton and on the, now traffic-free, Chilton Road. This means that the route is now traffic free apart from a short stretch through Upton village. More about the route here: Didcot via Upton: H1 – Hawking Way
You can join the Cycle-Transit anywhere along the route, the timetable is below:
|Cycle-Transit Stop||Departure Time|
(By Brompton Cycle Hire lockers)
|Jubilee Way / Lower Broadway Roundabout|
(Bottom of ramp on Jubilee Way)
(Crossing of Hagbourne Road)
(Junction of paths)
|Harwell Campus||08:30 (arrival)|
Notes on the Cycle-Transit
- For your personal safety the Cycle-Transit will be led by a HarBUG member who will be wearing a HarBUG fluorescent vest.
- As a further personal safety measure, you may wish to confirm details before joining the Cycle-Transit please contact email@example.com at any time up to departure time and during the Cycle-Transit.
- Please ensure that your cycle is in good working order and is legally road worthy.
- It is OK to use E-bikes on the Cycle-Transit.
- You must be able to be able to ride a cycle with reasonable confidence.
- Do not join the Cycle-Transit if you have any Covid-19 symptons.
- The Cycle-Transit is only open to personnel working at or visiting the Harwell Campus.
- You are under no obligation to wear a helmet, it is your choice although HarBUG recommends wearing one.
- If you are on a Cycle-Transit during dark mornings you must have working front and rear cycle lights.
- The Cycle-Transit is being run for all levels of fitness, however you should consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program. You should be in good physical condition and be able to participate in the Cycle-Transit.
- If you join in Cycle-Transit you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in the Cycle-Transit, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Harwell Campus Bicycle Users Group (HarBUG) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of HarBUG’s negligence.
- By joining the Cycle-Transit you confirm that you understand and accept the above and accept that you have a responsibility to act in a way that will minimise the likelihood of injury to yourself and others and that you and your cycle are fit for the cycle ride.